Former MD, Nissan India and Auto Industry Expert
Mr. Arun Malhotra is graduated from IIM-Calcutta in 1983 and joined the automobile industry when it was at a nascent stage in India. Over the last three decades has been a part of the growth of the industry having worked with Bajaj Auto, Maruti Suzuki, Mahindra & Mahindra and Nissan India. Presently, he is a board member in Lumax Auto Technologies Ld
His career in the field of Sales and Marketing has made him travel through the length and breadth of India. Has been deeply involved in areas of brand building, strategic marketing, retail network expansion, training, rural marketing, customer-centric initiatives and formulating group-level strategies.
Has attended Executive Management programs in Kellogs School of Management, Chicago (2009) and Harvard Business School, Boston (2011).
Served as an Executive Council member of SIAM, the apex body of the Auto Industry and was the Chairman of Auto Expo 2018 held in Delhi in Feb’18.
Has keen interest in debates, public speaking, and quizzing since his college days.
1.) Has been a keynote speaker at management forums such as FADA, ETAuto, National HRD Forum, Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) and the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers( SIAM).
2. Speaker and Guest Faculty at renowned business schools such as IIM-Kolkata, IIM-Bangalore, MDI Gurgaon, IIFT, IMI Delhi, SRCC, FMS and NMIMS to name a few.
3. Official company spokesperson in Media (Press and TV) for Mahindra & Mahindra and Nissan during his tenure in these organizations. Communicated effectively in both English as well as Hindi as per the audience.
4. Participated in panel discussions/interviews in English/Hindi Business News channels such as CNBC, CNBC Awaaz, ET Now, NDTV, ZEE News and AajTak on topics related to business and industry.
5. Moderator in panel discussions at conferences and business forums. Master of Ceremonies for company conferences and award functions.
6. Hosted multiple product press launches involving celebrity brand ambassadors on stage.
Analyzing the PV industry and how it fared last year and the opportunities and challenges present for the next 3 years. India is expected to emerge as the world’s third-largest passenger-vehicle market by 2020. It took India around seven years to increase annual production to four million vehicles from three million. However, the next milestone—five […]